U Visa

U Visa

A U-Visa lets victims of crimes who meet certain requirements stay in the United States. Here are some benefits of a U-Visa:

You can legally live in the United States for four years;

After three years of having a U-Visa, you can apply for a green card to stay in the U.S. permanently;

With a U-Visa you can get permission to work in the United States; and

Some of your family members might also be able to get a U-Visa.

Below are the requirements of U-Visa:

In order to qualify for a U-Visa, you must have been a victim of a “qualifying criminal activity,” and this crime must have occurred in the United States or violated U.S. law.

You must also have helped law enforcement in investigation of the crime/criminals (e.g. calling the police, telling the police about what happened, answering police questions, letting police take pictures, etc.)

You must have been hurt physically, emotionally, or both.

Contact our immigration law firm in northern Virginia for advice on U visa eligibility
If you think you are a victim of a crime, please call us at 703-752- 6148 and schedule an appointment to discuss your case.